Sunday, October 5, 2014

Moms' Night Out

I just finished watching the movie "Moms' Night Out"

I totally need a moms' night out....maybe not as crazy as the movie, but definitely with no little girls around. :)

I could utterly relate to the main character named Allyson played by Sarah Drew.
Through the whole movie I was saying "that is me, that is me, that is me"!

Like Allyson all I wanted to be when I was little was a mom....here I Am a mom today and

I'm not happy!

I'm not enough!

I'm a failure!

I've said it so many times in my head that I actually believe it.

My throat tighten and my vision got blurry as the tears began to fall down my face when Allyson said to the biker/tattoo guy Bones played by Trace Adkins "I Am not enough"

This is me?! I AM not enough, not for my husband, or my girls or my sisters, my parents....

IAm not enough for me!!!!

I realize this has got to stop, my talking down to myself has got to stop and I gotta begin to speak life into my life not distruction....of course it will take time, but for now this is a start.

I AM enough.....for God!

And that should be good enough for me.

I know as a mom I'm probably not the only one who goes trough this, who thinks this way.
Our kids drive us nuts, to the point where you actually think your going crazy...and to an extent I think is a little true. LOL
We try to do and take care of everything, we stress ourselves out! Even for the little stuff.

And for some homemakers is rough to balance everything.

Homemaker or not we can't do it all.

I think as soon as we realize that.....we would be in a much better place, mentally and emotionally.

I know God has something in store for me. I can feel it, I can start seeing the change!

And I can't wait!

So if you are a mom and you haven't seen "Moms' Night Out" You've gotta see it!

And if like me you put yourself down with your own words and thoughts....

You gotta stop!

Speak life into your life, speak God's truth, stop your stinking thinking!

But we can't do it alone, not only do we need our heavenly Father's help, but we need to share what we are going through with other women, other believers.

I have been praying to God for a Godly friendship to come along.....after a year I believe God has answered my prayer and doubled it up :)

God is good!!!!

As women we need that kind of friendship, the ones that lift you up when you're down, and speak life into you, encourage and help you enjoy this journey called life.

At the end of the movie they focus in on the kids and sometimes that is how I look at my girls..... I do what I do for them, because they are the future and is my responsibility to bring them up right!

Our jobs as moms........Is Important!

And our kids are all worth it!

Before I say goodnight I want to pray a little prayer for me and if you can relate then by all means pray with me!

Heavenly Father I come before you Lord asking you to show me how to take control of my mind. Your word says we must learn to bring every thought into captivity. So help me Lord and remind me that I don't have to entertain those nasty thoughts in my head and replace them with your truth! As I read your Word, may it reveal any wrong thinking in me. May your Word be so etched in my mind that I will be able to identify the enemies lies. You have given me authority over all the power of the enemy as your Word says in Luke 10:19, and so I command the enemy to get away from my mind. I refuse to listen to lies. 
Thank You, Lord, that I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16). Let your thoughts be my thoughts, show me where I have filled my life with anything that is ungodly. Help me to think upon what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy (phil 4:8) I lay claim to the sound mind that You have given me (2 Tim 1:7) In Your name I pray....Amen!

 PS Please share your thoughts with this mamma! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment