Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness Day 21

I have been praying for God to bring me a friend, someone that shares the same belief as I do. Because of my big move to Florida I have left behind wonderful friendships and although we are miles apart, we will always be close, I still want a friend I can talk to and chill with here in Florida.
I believe that, that prayer has been answered!
In the book I have been reading "What husband needs from his wife" by Melanie Chitwood, she talks about a helper needs a friend. And if you don't have one to ask God for one!

She shares that a woman needs her friends to hold her hands up as she seeks to be the kind of wife God wants her to be and her husband needs her to be. We need women friends who will lovingly hold us accountable to God's standards. "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17. We need like-minded friends, friends who also seek to be godly wives.

So I thank God for a new friendship and hopefully many more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment