Sunday, November 17, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving Day 17

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NLT

Great sermon today about the people of Israel who were slaves in Egypt. After God saved them, they complain about the food, mind you the free food "manna" that God provided everyday day for them.

Funny thing is that we do the same we complain and we forget that God delivered us from something in our lives.

In Philippians 4:12-13 Paul writes this..I know what is is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through him who gives me the strenght.

What some people may not know is that he wrote this while in prison, and further more back then when people were in prison, they had no bed, no where to use the lou, sometimes they were shackled with both hands raised standing on a wall for months. So when Paul says "he can be content in little or much" it's kinda a slap in the face for those who take for granted the freedom that we have now.

I know I take things for granted sometimes. And this month writing how thankful I am for something each day I think has helped me reach a little bit more that place of content!

So I thank God for what He has done in my life, what He's doing, what He will do for me and through me.

I leave you with this;
"It is not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them; that is the true measure of our thanksgiving."  W.T. Purkiser

No comments:

Post a Comment